Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Keeper of the Keys

Over thirty years ago, soon after my wife and I were married, my mother presented us with a needlework that she had personally stitched.  It was a picture depicting the Coat of Arms for my family name – Schlueter. The name Schlueter or Schlüter in German is classified as an occupational name.  The coat of arms depicts a shield with a lion at its center.  In the lion’s paw is a key. The name Schlueter literally means “gatekeeper, keeper of the keys or keeper of the keys to the prison.”  Years ago I was thrilled with mom’s gift.  We have it hanging on the wall in our living room. But today, as the Lord has revealed His intentions to me – I am thoroughly excited about the needlework and about a destiny that God has given my family and me to be “gatekeepers” in His kingdom.  Now the needlework is surrounded by an assorted number and style of keys and key rings that we have both found and received as gifts.

      Blessed is the man who listens to me, 
      Watching daily at my gates, 
      Waiting at the posts of my doors
      (Proverbs 8:34).

The gates and gatekeepers are at the heart of God’s plan for this time in His kingdom. He blesses those who listen to Him.  He blesses those who deliberately listen for His voice, His instructions, and His timing.  He blesses those who watch daily at His gates.  He blesses those who stand at faithful watch at the gates of the heart, home, workplace, church, government and nation. He blesses those who wait at His doorposts. He blesses those who watch at His gates.

This is an excerpt from my book, Keeper of the Keys. You can read more by ordering your own copy at Arsenal Books.  Go to: Keeper of the Keys by Thomas Schlueter
blog comments powered by Disqus